Why you will love this DIY Kit
- What you will do with the kit - Learn the technique of cyanotype printing and become well-versed with different methods.
- Beginner-friendly - The kit comes with easy-to-follow instructions and can be used by a newbie to art as well!
- All-inclusive - Everything you need to learn cyanotype printing, including the necessary safety equipment is in the kit.
- Learn a new artform - Introduce yourself to cyanotype printing with this kit and learn a new artform from the comfort of your home!
- Create unique prints - This artform allows you to create stunning prints using just two colours, blue and white.
- Ideal for gifting - The kit is a great gift for a fellow art lover.
Your DIY Kit Contains
- Watercolour Paper (6-8 sheets in assorted sizes)
- Potassium Ferricyanide
- Ferric Ammonium
- Bowl for mixing
- Flat Brush (1 pc)
- Acrylic Sheet
- Foam Board
- A pair of gloves
- Ink Filler
- Wooden Stick
- Wooden & Plastic Clips
Care and Handling
- Wear the gloves and mask while mixing the chemicals.
- Do not mix the chemicals in direct sunlight.
About Cyanotype Printing: Cyanotype is a photographic printing process that produces prints in the cyan-blue color. It was invented by English photographer John Herchel to make blueprints for architectural drawings and engineering models. This method was adopted as it was inexpensive and simple. Two chemicals, ferric ammonium citrate and potassium ferricyanide are used in the process. The prints are developed by exposing the chemically coated paper to sunlight which causes different chemical reactions to occur. Mediums like watercolor paper, cotton and wool are used. The method imparts a vintage look to products.