- Add to your Diwali home decor with these eco-friendly, traditional torans featuring wild grass handwoven hangings and copper enamelled bells.
- These golden grass torans or door buntings are handwoven by women artisans from across 35 villages in Kendrapara District, Odisha, India.
- With easy-to-hang hoops in the Toran, you can conveniently display these buntings at your door.
- Gift these ethnic creations to your friends and family for a housewarming, wedding or the start of a new chapter in their lives.
- Make this year's Diwali decor sustainable and special for all your loved ones.
About Kaincha or Golden Grass:
- The locally known Kaincha is a wild grass found in many riverside villages of Jagatsinghpur and Kendrapara districts of Odisha.
- It grows to a height of about 5-6 feet and the inflorescent stick, which appears after the monsoon, is used for weaving.
- As the grass dries, it changes color from pale green to mild yellow to golden yellow. This is where the craft derives its name.
- This is a centuries old craft. Since generations, golden grass items like bowls, fans and mats have been used as utility items in many parts of the state.
- Now-a-days, golden grass is making waves and city dwellers are discovering the beauty of its products as they are eco-friendly, biodegradable and reduce the use of plastic.
About Copper Enamelling:
- Copper enamelled products are handcrafted by artisans from the western ghats of Maharashtra, India.
- Copper Enameling is the age-old craft of fusing glass onto the copper surface for color enrichment.
- The glass powder is laid onto the copper surface in requisite patterns and the assembly is heated to 700 to 900°C, at which point the powdered glass melts to form a coat on the copper surface. This glass enameling not only lends vibrant colors to the copper surface, but also prevents it from oxidizing, suitable for everyday use.
- Material: Golden Grass, Copper Enamel & Copper Bells
- Total Length: 42 inch
- 1 x Door bunting (toran)
Care and Handling
- Do not wash the product.
- Clean occasionally and remove dust, wipe with dry or wet cloth and a mild disinfectant.
- Display in an area away from direct sunlight.
- These products are biodegradable and safe for the environment, one may naturally dispose it.
- Store in clean and dry place, away from insects, dust, excessive light and moisture.
- When not in use, store in a separate box.