- Cork as a material is completely eco-friendly and sustainable - no trees are cut to extract the cork. It is shaved off the bark of the tree, which regenerates over time
- In most ways, cork is pretty low maintenance.
- Because of it’s waterproof and anti-fungal nature, it remains unaffected by moisture and humidity.
- If the product gets dusty, it can be wiped with a damp cloth.
- Like with any other material, light colours do have a higher tendency to attract dirt. However, a simple wash with a mild cleansing solutions will do the trick and help you maintain your product.
- It is super-light, yet strong
The minimalistic and stylish Willow Women's Wallet holds 12 credit cards and cash, with a separate section for coins. It comes with a wristlet strap which lets you carry everything you need, hands-free. Made of durable, light and eco-friendly cork fabric.
This accessory is handmade with cork by Arture. The cork material comes from the bark of the cork oak trees which grow majorly in the Mediterranean region.
For centuries, cork cultivation has been a family heritage in these regions. The harvesting process ensures that no tree is ever harmed. The cultivators strip the bark of the trees, allowing them to regenerate over the next nine years. Harvested cork trees absorb 3-5 times more CO2 than non-harvested trees, meaning the cork trees in Portugal alone help offset
10 million tons of carbon each year.
The harvested bark is finely sliced into thin sheets and mounted on a soft backing, giving that feather touch fabric that you can’t help but fall in love with.
Master craftsmen at Arture then handcraft the accessory using the cork fabric - completely eco-friendly and waterproof.