- Your stationery needs to be as fashionable as the rest of your outfit. These Madhubani Painted cork journals can be carried everyday with ethnic wear, Indo-Western or western casuals.
- Make this cork journal by Arture and Tamarind Tree, your accessory of the day complimenting your business casuals or your denim-with-white-shirt look
- Great for To-Do lists, your personal thoughts, memories, aspirations or any note-taking at work or in school
- Makes a fun and thoughtful customized gift for your near and dear ones who love hand made
- Stash it in your tote while you're on-the-go. Flaunt it in your hand in the class or at that important meeting
- Needless to say, keep away from water!
Exquisitely handcrafted hardbound cork cover notebooks by Arture, with handmade paper with Madhubani designs hand drawn by Shamli Das at Tamarind Tree. The pages are unruled and made with handmade paper, from recycled cotton rags. Personalize with handwritten name at the back.
This notebook is made with cork by Arture. The cork material comes from the bark of the cork oak trees which grow majorly in the Mediterranean region.
For centuries, cork cultivation has been a family heritage in these regions. The harvesting process ensures that no tree is ever harmed. The cultivators strip the bark of the trees, allowing them to regenerate over the next nine years. Harvested cork trees absorb 3-5 times more CO2 than non-harvested trees, meaning the cork trees in Portugal alone help offset 10 million tons of carbon each year.