- All lampshades are carefully handcrafted by Tholu Bommalata artisans at Studio Moya, with natural leather. The beauty of a handcrafted product lies in its imperfections. Please treat minor imperfections as part of the art form.
- The lampshades are made with high quality powder-coated frames, with higher grade metal.
- Since the leather used is a natural material, it reacts to weather conditions: the leather stiffens in extreme heat, and softens at very lower temperatures. It is best to avoid both extremes.
- Keep indoors and don’t expose to direct sunlight – color may fade with time, if used outdoors.
- Lampshades are not washable – to clean, wipe with dry cloth. Avoid direct contact with water.
- All lampshades, available on Zwende, are shipped with a wire and holder. Bulbs not included.
Sitting upright on your tabletop, this prism lamp is designed to make heads turn. It’s offbeat shape makes it the unquestionable statement piece for your work or home desk. Often matched to the drapes or the furniture, this lamp is The One.
This lamp is inspired by the ancient art form of Tholu Bommalata, which involves translucent leather puppets dancing in backlit stages. When lit, this translucency effect creates a glow that acts almost as an artistic piece on its own.
Similar to the puppets, the lamp has strategically placed holes in the designs which let the light dance on the leather, making it sparkle. The colors are vibrant, and the art that adorns the glistening canvas is deep rooted in Indian heritage. Handcrafted by Studio Moya.
tags: handcrafted, natural leather, tholu bommalata, hand-painted
Photo Credits: Photography by Zwende | Handcrafting and Location Credits: Studio Moya workshop