You have no items in your shopping cart.
- All lampshades are carefully handcrafted by Tholu Bommalata artisans at Studio Moya, with natural leather. The beauty of a handcrafted product lies in its imperfections. Please treat minor imperfections as part of the art form.
- The lampshades are made with high quality powder-coated frames, with higher grade metal.
- Since the leather used is a natural material, it reacts to weather conditions: the leather stiffens in extreme heat, and softens at very lower temperatures. It is best to avoid both extremes.
- Keep indoors and don’t expose to direct sunlight – color may fade with time, if used outdoors.
- Lampshades are not washable – to clean, wipe with dry cloth. Avoid direct contact with water.
- All lampshades, available on Zwende, are shipped with a wire and holder. Bulbs not included.
Vivid colors and tradition intertwine in this lamp to mesmerize the eye. A colorful peacock amidst intricate foliage design in this unconventional shaped lamp, make it a dazzling piece.
This lamp is inspired by the ancient art form of Tholu Bommalata, which involves translucent leather puppets dancing in backlit stages. When lit, this translucency effect creates a glow that acts almost as an artistic piece on its own.
Similar to the puppets, the lamp has strategically placed holes in the designs which let the light dance on the leather, making it sparkle. The colors are vibrant, and the art that adorns the glistening canvas is deep rooted in Indian heritage. Handcrafted by Studio Moya.
tags: handcrafted, natural leather, madhubani, hand-painted
Photo Credits: Photography by Zwende | Handcrafting and Location Credits: Studio Moya workshop
Haven't tried customization yet?
Don’t Worry - What you see is what you get!
To let you experience 'Zwende customization' to its fullest, we have a 'no holds barred' 365 day return policy.*
For any major design variation and/or manufacturing defect, it’s a no-questions-asked return policy. For all other cases where the product doesn’t match your expectations, all we want is detailed feedback and a candid conversation.
Go ahead, unleash your creativity!
*All items to be returned in unused condition, and in the original packaging only.