- All lampshades are carefully handcrafted by Tholu Bommalata artisans, with natural leather. The beauty of a handcrafted product lies in its imperfections. Please treat minor imperfections as part of the art form.
- The lampshades are made with high quality powder-coated frames, with higher grade metal.
- Since the leather used is a natural material, it reacts to weather conditions: the leather stiffens in extreme heat, and softens at very lower temperatures. It is best to avoid both extremes.
- Keep indoors and don’t expose to direct sunlight – color may fade with time, if used outdoors.
- Lampshades are not washable – to clean, wipe with dry cloth. Avoid direct contact with water.
- All lampshades are shipped without any wiring or bulbs.
Floral Patterns in vibrant colors make this unique design on the drum lamp a statement piece - perfect to add the cozy warmth to your living room or study.
This lamp is inspired by the ancient art form of Tholu Bommalata, which involves translucent leather puppets dancing in backlit stages. When lit, this translucency effect creates a glow that acts almost as an artistic piece on its own.
Similar to the puppets, the lamp has strategically placed holes in the designs which let the light dance on the leather, making it sparkle. The colors are vibrant, and the art that adorns the glistening canvas is deep rooted in Indian heritage.
tags: handcrafted, natural leather, tholu bommalata, hand-painted
Haven't tried customization yet?
Don’t Worry - What you see is what you get!
To let you experience 'Zwende customization' to its fullest, we have a 'no holds barred' 365 day return policy.*
For any major design variation and/or manufacturing defect, it’s a no-questions-asked return policy. For all other cases where the product doesn’t match your expectations, all we want is detailed feedback and a candid conversation.
Go ahead, unleash your creativity!
*All items to be returned in unused condition, and in the original packaging only.